Disclored Mirrors Beneteau 37

Slider

Sep 1, 2014
Beneteau 37DK Alameda
Our 2011 Beneteau 37 has 3 mirrors in the head. 2 are discolored from moisture in air or possible from shower. To remove you need a 90 degree screwdriver. I took the cabinet doors to a glass shop, they were able to pry the mirror off the doors. Were attached with tape and silicon. The glass people said very cheep mirror with paper backing. New good mirror that should not discolor again in two days. $75 per door. OH well nothing but the best for Elan!

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Our 2011 Beneteau 37 has 3 mirrors in the head. 2 are discolored from moisture in air or possible from shower. To remove you need a 90 degree screwdriver. I took the cabinet doors to a glass shop, they were able to pry the mirror off the doors. Were attached with tape and silicon. The glass people said very cheep mirror with paper backing. New good mirror that should not discolor again in two days. $75 per door. OH well nothing but the best for Elan!
Yeah, we had our dealer replace ours a couple of times because the edges were corroding while still under warranty. Then one of the times they replaced them they used a glue that didn't stick well, so the mirror came unglued while out sailing. Luckily it didn't break. Not our favorite part of the boat.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
That's an excellent price. I did mine in the heads in my Hunter. I sealed the edges with color-matching latex caulk. That was many years ago and they have remained perfect.

Dec 14, 2016
Beneteau 37 Chichester
Has anyone tried plastic mirrors? I've heard they're quite good, but need care applying so they are completely flat However I haven't tried them myself

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Just replace the mirror and seal the edges (and any holes) with bath caulk like Rick D did. Moisture gets behind he glass and causes the mirror silvering to deteriorate.