dinghy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCHer

Jul 7, 2010
Beneteau 37 Cranes Creek, VA
Looks like I've reglued the last open seam in my old zodiac and will be retiring it and getting a new inflatable. Looking at the choices out there: glued PVC (expensive) welded PVC (more expensive) and hypalon (most expensive), I will be trying to figure best value-cost/life expectancy. I'd like to survey the forum on any brand or type they bought that they are not particularly happy with or that they are really happy with. I'm looking at 9-10 feet and probably a solid floor (not a RIB). I have an 8 hp that it needs to be able to handle. Thanks all

jrowan

Mar 5, 2011
O'Day 35 Severn River, Mobjack Bay, Va.
I've got the old W Marine built model - probably just glued PVC, & it has held up well, because its stored below in a locker. I used to have an ancient Zodiac type with about 1 million patches on it. Would hold air for approximately 30 minutes, or until U got in it, at which time it would promtly sink. Once ther are more patches than rubber its time to say goodbye. Whatever U buy, its the U.V. sun radiation that kills rubber dingies. So keep it outta the light, if U want it to last! Plus they tend to grow legs & walk when left outside...I wouln't put a lotta bucks in something that will probably be stolen before it wears out. Buty thieves will appreciate your thoughful choice of quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.