Dinghy Davits One Size Fits All?

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Years ago I bought a set of Garhauer davits to install on my Catalina 30. I decided not to after reading many thoughts on boat length and hanging a 10' dinghy. Moving forward I now have a Beneteau 393 that weight shouldn't be a factor.

Do all davits have the same reach or are they made specific to boat size? My boat is wrapped so I can't do a rough sizing but would love to install them this spring.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
A guy across the way is swinging a 10' walker bay dink on his 393. Like me he keeps his 9.8 Tohatsu mounted on the transom. The good news is that with that generous sugar scoop you have plenty of room to tuck a dink in on the stern. The Kato Marine, Island davits are all the same size. The important consideration is how they mount, and how high. You won't need to mount high because you have a nice little notch in the stern of the boat for your dink to tuck in.

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
When I unwrap I will see how they fit. I have a 10' with an inflatable bottom and a 2 hp Honda. The whole set up is pretty light so I'm not concerned about weight. More about the overhang.