Did you know...?

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
I am one of those guys who doesn't stray far from the nest - I pretty much only ever log into the Cherubini Hunters sub-forum. Sure, I know there are lots of other forums on SailboatOwners.com, but I am content to play in our little sandbox here. I enjoy talking Cherubinis and helping fellow owners when I am able.

I was trying to be helpful today by posting that I had some CDI furler parts to give away to fellow owners who might be trying to keep their old furlers operating. Imagine my surprise when my post about freebies DISAPPEARED!:confused: I thought "Phil Herring is an understanding guy and I am not exactly competing with the SBO Chandlery, so what the heck?" Well, Phil was kind enough to explain to me that there is a special place for giving away gear called the Digital Dumpster. So, if you want to go dumpster diving for free stuff (including my CDI parts) click here.

PS: as far as I can tell, this dumpster has no smell and you won't even get dirty! :D

braol

Apr 16, 2014
Hunter 27 Rebel 16 Great Lakes Naval Base, IL
I almost always go to the Cherubini forum here as well...although I do stray from the pack now-and-then and look in the Hunter Mid-sized and Ask a Hunter Owner forums because sometimes new (and old) Cherubini owners will post there initially, not knowing what a Cherubini is.

I was able to get a brand new roller bearing replacement at a local bearing shop in San Diego a few years back and have kept my "outdated" furler gear humming right along. I always get guys in the boat yard telling me all the reasons I need to replace my furler with some new $1000 gizmo...better sail shape when climbing to windward...great reefing performance in a storm...all the women will love you...you know how it is!