Did this seriously just clog my carb!?

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
At $15/gallon, that's not too terrible; it's less than the ethanol-free gas for yard equipment at Lowe's and other stores. I assume it's the Sunoco Standard 110 Octane Race Fuel?" That's also branded as Cam2 Race Fuel, and available at the pump in my neighborhood; was $10/gallon last time I looked, could be higher now. Lots of Harley guys fuel up there.

I am going to get some soon, as I'm switching over to Amsoil "Outboard 100:1 Pre-Mix Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil" for all of my 2-stroke stuff.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Corn does not belong in internal combustion engines. I do not care how much the corn farmers bribed our congressmen. Can I get an Amen?
Amen. It's a scam, in my opinion, to enrich investors/owners of the major alcohol producers, ADM, Valero, et.al. It's been shown that ethanol in gas results in more pollution, more environmental harm than without. And, it absolutely sucks as a vehicle and power tool fuel, for reasons we are all familiar with.

There is a way of processing your own gas to remove the ethanol, and it's not too hard, but I decided the risk of handling gasoline wasn't worth the extra cost of buying ethanol-free gas.

Jim26m

Apr 3, 2019
Macgregor 26M Mobile AL
We can get alcohol-free gas down here at pumps in select gas stations and that's also what I use in my boat and small engines.

Absolutely Amen