Decorative Hull Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2008
Pearson 27 Brick
Does anyone know a good online website for purchasing the 3 stripe tape. I've located a few in the UK,but nothing in the USA. I have a P27('88) and need to replace it. It's about 2" wide with 2 thinner stripes sandwiching a thicker middle stripe--all 3 are the same color--dark blue. Thx for any help you can offer!

Ariel

Feb 1, 2006
Pearson 36-2 Houston, TX / Rock Hall, MD
stripes

Greg, Your boat is beautiful. I remember your pictures from when you started the work and this looks like a different boat. Did you have any trouble getting the old stripe off the hull? What did you use to remove them and how did you mark the location for the new stripes? We got ARIEL in the water this week, just in time for the rain that should be on you as I write this. Next week I will get the sail off to you. Oh, I see that your boat still has the old backstay plate on the transom. Are you aware of the failure problems that occured with this plate and the recall that Pearson issued about this? The replacement plate has an additional web welded to the center, between the two bolts. D&R should have the replacement plate if you need one. Will call you next week about the sail. Dave s/v ARIEL

Jun 1, 2005
Pearson 303 Robinhood, ME
Another option...

might be to get one of those mobile sign guys. Come right to the boat with their utility trailer (shop)... pick out any color/size/pattern of vinyl you want. They put it on. No fuss... no muss.

Status
Not open for further replies.