Deck waste cap stuck

Apr 27, 2019
Bebeteau Oceanis 351 Schooner Cove
i3Dgear has a tool that allows you to get a 3/8 socket drive on the waste cap. Attach an impact driver and it's off in seconds. Worked like a charm for me - no other method would budge it including drilling in screws to attach a long bar to it.

ToddS

Sep 11, 2017
Beneteau 373 Cape Cod
I would try apply a little penetrating oil along the edges... wait... repeat... wait... etc... penetrating oils are super-low-viscosity oils (I use "Liquid Wrench", but there are lots of brands) and are great at seeping into the threads through the tiniest little crack/space... getting the lubrication into the threads where you need it. just give it some time (overnight?) to do its job. The good news for you is that unlike some threaded fittings that bind up, these fittings aren't very deep, so the oil doesn't have very far to travel/wick to do its job... sometimes you've got corrosion on a bolt that's a couple inches away from where you can put the oil, and that's much harder. Peggies advice (as usual) sounds similar and good too... I'd start with lubrication before you start using brute/mechanical force... less likely to strip/damage things that way.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
i3Dgear has a tool that allows you to get a 3/8 socket drive on the waste cap. Attach an impact driver and it's off in seconds. Worked like a charm for me - no other method would budge it including drilling in screws to attach a long bar to it.
I was interested in that winch socket to square drive item, but for $79.oo I think not.