Deck locker hardware for 1989 C&C 37/40

Nov 6, 2023
C&C 37/40+ San Diego
Hello, I had to destroy the anchor locker latch on my 1989 C&C 37/40. I can make something else work but wonder if anybody knows who made them back in the day and if they're still in business..

Nov 6, 2023
C&C 37/40+ San Diego
Fraid not. 35 years in marine environment, it was a crumbling mess of dissimilar metal with a shaft that reached through a hole in the locker lid and on which a tang rotated to engage a slot in the deck. I can cobble something together out of off the shelf marine hardware if need be but maybe C&C had a supplier someone knows about.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Just a thought, but since you're in Socal why don't you drive up Newport Beach/Costa Mesa some afternoon and browse around Minney's Yacht Surplus. That's the kind of thing you might find there since most of the salvaged parts are from older, cruising type vessels. You may meet some like minded folks there, since most of the customers...me included... relish the idea of finding discontinued treasures. Heck, if I knew what your missing parts looked like I might go over there myself. Since I moved out to Riverside 20 years my route to my boat is the I 15 and I rarely get into OC anymore. Damn good excuse to see what's new in the store. Good luck.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Take a look at this company. They make much of the name brand hardware. The website is a bit dysfunctional, however, I have purchased from them and was pleased with the quality the parts.

If you have a photo of the now deceased latch, it would help.

JCSail

Mar 20, 2024
Contessa JJT Contessa 26 Meaford, ON
Lot of C&C stainless rails and such (plus CS, Hinterholler, extra) was made by Marine | Marine Products | Stainless Outfitters Inc.
They are still in business and doing nice work (I had a stainless grab rail like ones on CS’s made up for an O’Day 35).
Considering shipping and getting it across to the boarder, might be easier to have a good local shop make what you need.