Deck fill caps

Sep 11, 2019
Hunter 49 2 San Diego,Ca
Hi all. I’m missing some deck fill caps for my 84 Hunter 31.
I’ve been told the water is blue, diesel is red and waste is black. They are plastic and lock with a 1/4 turn. Here is a pic of the waste pumpout. There’s a picture of a bear on it. Any ideas where to find?
Thanks
Graeme

Attachments

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Look on the SBO Store section of this site. They can probably get them if not in stock.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
If you can't find the part you want on the SBO store, try calling them. They have run down parts for me on several occasions and they will talk you though it to make sure you get the right part. Very helpful.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Mine are all labelled, chrome looking stainless caps except for the holding tank that is white plastic.
They should have chains on them so they don't go overboard.

Apr 11, 2010
Hunter 38 Whitehall MI
Mine are all labelled, chrome looking stainless caps except for the holding tank that is white plastic.
They should have chains on them so they don't go overboard.
Around here most often the waste tank cap doesn’t have a chain on it because the adaptor required for the pump out system won’t work. The chain gets in the way.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Around here most often the waste tank cap doesn’t have a chain on it because the adaptor required for the pump out system won’t work. The chain gets in the way.
My plastic one doesn't have one either. Just the two metal caps. I imagine they are pretty pricey

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
+1 on SBO store for these items. On my H31, blue for water, green for diesel and my waste water is stainless due to a need for a “sudden” replacement. Got it at WM but paid the price. Make sure New deck fills have o-rings.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Our 1991 boat has the original plastic caps that cost very little. I replace the fuel "O" ring from time to time to prevent any water intrusion; they last for years. I have a couple of spare caps and "O" rings just in case. Fuel is red, waste is black, water is blue. If you're color blind, color does not matter.

Sep 11, 2019
Hunter 49 2 San Diego,Ca
Our 1991 boat has the original plastic caps that cost very little. I replace the fuel "O" ring from time to time to prevent any water intrusion; they last for years. I have a couple of spare caps and "O" rings just in case. Fuel is red, waste is black, water is blue. If you're color blind, color does not matter.
Terry. Where did you get replacement caps?
Are they 1/4 turn to lock?
Does this pic look like yours?
Help!!

Attachments

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
If you can't get the correct caps, then you can change the whole deck fitting to another variety that has spare caps easily available.

When changing O-rings, use Buna-N (Nitrile) for Diesel, use Viton for gasoline, & anything you want for water & waste. Do not use Viton for diesel.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Our caps are the threaded on kind, not the quarter turn. Boater's Discount in Laconner (now closed) had what I needed. Unfamiliar with the quarter turn model. The deck fixture looks like ours except for the two internal knobs.

Sep 11, 2019
Hunter 49 2 San Diego,Ca
So after an exhaustive search on the interweb I came up with this British company who have what I need.
These are almost identical to the one in my 84 Hunter 31..
Just in case anyone else needs them