deck cracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peter bunce

has anyone had a problem with lots of cracks appearing above the rubbing rail on there 170

M

Mike G.

Not yet $

Peter, No cracks above my rubrail and my 170 is a '99. Have had cracks on the cockpit sole though, just aft of the front compartment (where the raised sole of the compartment meets the lower, main cockpit floor) PS, have you had yours out on the water lately (I see that you live in SRQ)? I just resurrected my motor after turtling my 170 last fall. Going to foam my mast during Christmas break and weather-permitting hit the lake before the new year. It was a freak squall (2 minute blast of 30-35mph wind) that did me in, but I'm still paranoid about turtling her again. Mike

E

Edwin M.

Oh yeah!

I have a '99. Many cracks appeared last spring and got them fixed and it actually looked pretty good. But towards the end of summer, early fall, I have had another batch crop up. Right now mine is in a shed with a large number of 1/8" holes drilled all along the sides to keep the cracks from spreading. I've actually thought about taking pictures and we could have a contest to see which boat has the most cracks. I bet I'll be in the top two.

Status
Not open for further replies.