Decision Time

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
You drink beer from a can??? That's barbaric, heh, heh.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Tinney

Great little brewery in Baton Rouge, Tin Roof.. if ya see some of this, Taste it!

Attachments

Jul 28, 2010
Boston Whaler Montauk New Orleans
You drink beer from a can??? That's barbaric, heh, heh.
Haha! Yep, it's cheaper than glass, no worries about shards of broken bottle ruining my day, and it gets the job done. (I prefer rum, though.)
;-)

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
Haha! Yep, it's cheaper than glass, no worries about shards of broken bottle ruining my day, and it gets the job done. (I prefer rum, though.)
;-)
Actually I pour my Malibu Rum from a plastic bottle into a can of Diet Pepsi. Yummm. :D

Jul 28, 2010
Boston Whaler Montauk New Orleans
Actually I pour my Malibu Rum from a plastic bottle into a can of Diet Pepsi. Yummm. :D
Dark N Stormy is my drink of choice these days - black rum and ginger beer. Mmmmmm!!!!! Is it cocktail hour yet??

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
California Sail, California Beer!

It's almost always a bottle (or two) of Sierra Nevada or Stone IPA; if rum, then Pussers straight, or over a rock or two; usually straight.

MickP

Nov 20, 2012
Hunter 33 Charleston
Sorry, but this is confusing me. The consensus seems to be to 'power up' the sails. But some are advocating doing this by flattening the main/jib whilst others are suggesting adding fullness to the sails. I don't see how both can be correct. What am i missing (other than a lot more sailing experience)?

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
I think many interpreted Don's description of the wind as strengthening to the point where flattening the sails or even reefing would be necessary to reduce healing and keep the boat from being over-powered.

He later suggested that the winds where increasing merely from light to slightly stronger breeze (maybe 12 knots) with a corresponding increase in the choppiness of the water. In this event, the boat isn't in danger of being over-powered, but powering up the sails would be helpful to power through the chop. Thus, the answer he was driving for was to increase the draft and move draft forward to increase drive through the rougher water ... like shifting into a lower gear and driving at higher rpm.