December/January Trips Planned

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Anyone going out on a multi day trip during Dec/Jan in the central/south Salish? I’m getting a itch.

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
We're usually skiing by now. Probably picking up our boat, after some work in Seattle, late next week. We are planning for the possibility of Thanksgiving on board somewhere in the area. After that, who knows? If it's nice, I'll post photos, if it's not, I'll be huddled in a protected corner wearing everything that I own. What else am I going to be doing? ;)

Aug 28, 2006
Bavaria 35E seattle
Thinking of Blake Island for New Year's Eve. We've done that for several years and have had a good time. But if state parks close down then that won't transpire.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I am hoping for a Florida Strait sail... It is a rumor that it is warm down there. I'll let you know if it develops.

Nov 21, 2012
Yamaha 33 Port Ludlow, WA
Florida? I have also heard it's warm there. Closer to home, we might try for a couple of nights out around December 11th-13th. No more than a thought at the moment, though.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Anyone going out on a multi day trip during Dec/Jan in the central/south Salish? I’m getting a itch.
Yes, but not that far south. Too hot down there, Mike. Prefer the cooler climes around the islands. Coupeville, possibly, or Hope Island? Itching. here, too. Need to get the Genset fuel issue fixed first.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2012
Yamaha 33 Port Ludlow, WA
Hope island would be a good option. Several different ways to get there depending on weather.

We'd like to go south to Fox Island but I don't think we have enough time right now. It would have been a long, wet beat against the southerlies this past week.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
After my Florida adventure, providing I am still healthy, perhaps a February sail might be possible. I still have a number of boat projects to be resolved in February and March but if the heealth is good and the weather is fair, cruising is still a good way to socially be distant and healthy.