DC Outlet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2009
Catalina 310 Sydney-Pittwater
My 310 has several AC outlets, but none for DC. Noticed that some (older?) control panels incorporated a DC outlet. Has anyone installed a DC outlet? Would appreciate suggestions as to how and where.

CCHer

Jul 7, 2010
Beneteau 37 Cranes Creek, VA
I have one at the nav station and one on the pedestal which I think are factory though possible the previous owner did it-a very proper installation in either case (hull 294). I just bought the hardware & wire to install another in the forward area of the cabin. I'll let you know how I make out.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
Albanach
I have two DC outlets, one abve the AC/DC panel and one on the pedistal.
Just remember to add a fuse to the plus side close to hot source connection...of course you knew that...........

paulj :troll:

Attachments

Jul 1, 2009
Catalina 310 Sydney-Pittwater
Many thanks for your input, guys. Your very detailed description, paulj, is particularly helpful. Look forward to hearing your results (and seeing your pics?), CCHer. Shall then add to my project list.

Mar 30, 2007
Catalina 310 Manalapan, NJ
I mounted a SEAFIT (West Marine) receptacle just above the electrical panel and below the VHF and stereo units. Obviously I had to drill a round hole and then I attached the electric connections to the cabin lights circuit. It was very easy. I turn on the cabin light toggle switch to power the receptacle.

May 3, 2008
Catalina 310 Catawba Island
I put one on the engine panel in the cockpit, to the aft of the electrical panel near the AC outlets, and one near the AC outlets in the V-birth. I will probably add one in the salon near the port AC outlets.

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
Engine Panel Install

I put one on the engine panel in the cockpit, to the aft of the electrical panel near the AC outlets, and one near the AC outlets in the V-birth. I will probably add one in the salon near the port AC outlets.

Bob, Did you have to do anything special for the one in the cockpit? I have been thinking about one there to use my spotlight with.

Status
Not open for further replies.