Davit for Hunter 45

Udi

Mar 23, 2021
Hunter 45 ds 2010 Jaffa
Hi !
I'm considering installation of a davit for hanging a 2--3 pax dingy, and solar panels above.
Any ideas and examples from someone that did it on a hunter 45 or so.
Thanks.

Udi

Mar 23, 2021
Hunter 45 ds 2010 Jaffa
I sure did and in YouTube as well, but thought to dig here some more ideas.
Thanks.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Lots of suppliers like Garhauer, Kato Marine as shown in the photo below, Dinghy Davits | Quality Dinghy Davits - Order Now! (martekdavits.com), Nova Davit (forespar.com), Edson Boat Accessories: Davits (edsonmarine.com), Davit | Dinghy Davits | Ocean Marine Systems, #1 Choice for Davits, Cranes & Lifting Devices - St. Croix Marine Products, GarhauerMarine.com - Dinghy Davits & Accessories - Transom Hardware & Accessories, Sailboat Arch | Tower In A Box | Atlantic Towers and some have photos of their dinghy davits on a Hunter 45DS. Look at their material (316 SS), tube diameter (1.25"), wall thickness (0.120") and other features. Might find this thread on a Hunter 44DS looking for dinghy davits helpful: (2) Dingy Davits | Sailboat Owners Forums and another on dinghy davity recommendation helful: Dinghy Davits Whats the best? | Sailboat Owners Forums

1632418869845.png

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I'm considering installation of a davit
Just remember your mooring issue, and that rear entry plank you discussed before.

For those who do not understand "plank", look at his profile picture and that upright grey item on his Starboard Aft.;)
Jim...

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
If you are docked stern the Atlantic Towers is a good option to attach your dinghy high and solar paels on top of the tower.