Dashing through the snow,...

Sep 20, 2014
Rob Legg RL24 Chain O'Lakes
Where it always snows and is never Christmas - from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe - chronicles of Narnia. Seems about like your current situation.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
View attachment 172809

...In a one horse open sleigh,...
View attachment 172810

Winter waits for no man, or cover.
Yes Tom, I had this happen last week to Maxine also. So distressing to look at our boats with snow piled up. I had to rush down and brush as much as I could off the decks. I had placed a plastic tarp over the companionway and covered all the winches and the roller furler on the headstay the day before. Mast stays in. The yard has been way behind on everything this year and Maxine wasn't shrinked in time. However, my wife explained how angry we were and they did the wrap the day AFTER the storm. Such is the way with boatyards.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I also missed my window of opportunity for Dragonfly. Bought a new tarp, have it folded on the transom ready to deploy, but a baldfaced wasp nest built right on the gallows over my boat kept me clear. Got one on the tip of my nose just by looking into my cockpit.
I thought I'd just wait for the cold to clear out the nest, then I could have the nest and be free to cover Dragonfly unhindered. The snow fell early, heavy and stayed. I haven't been able to take the time to do anything about it. The holiday season, for us doing craft fairs and farmers markets, has proved intense.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 7, 2014
Beneteau 45F5 51551 Port Jefferson
That's why I like my canvas winter cover. My boat was all wrapped up by Halloween. My yard charges $17/to shrink wrap and another charge to unwrap and dispose. The cover pays for itself in 4 or 5 years.

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
Last year I had to shovel snow off the decks. This year I got the cover on both boats early enough to avoid that.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
That picture was taken at the end of my 45 minute Helm watch.
The Captain and crew were very nice to bring me a Hot container of Ramen. Such care helped me keep my happy smile through the snow fall.

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
I bought a storage condo this season: indoor storage, unheated but I was able to fit BOTH boats in. A light tarp for keeping the dust off. Christmas is such a beautiful yacht @TomY

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
1577633942975.png

That was years ago, here’s yesterday.

D033F633-AE43-440D-A749-4D622DAB6755.jpeg

Notice the pots of gold would have been in Vero Beach .

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Most Polar Bears just go down to the nearest river or beach by the sea to take their year end dip... Pool people know they closed in September.