Cutter for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
Wow, very nice! Even if they can't spell Cherubini. They are dreaming if they think they can get $49000. though.

Sep 3, 2010
Hunter 37C Annapolis
Nice boat, but they are certainly a bit over priced in this market though with my new engine, I probably have a bit more than that into my boat.

Blaise

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Bradenton
There is also one on ebay for 5 grand. Deep draft boat. No engine.

Mar 30, 2009
Hunter Cherubini 37-cutter Bayfield, Lake Huron
Here's one one Yachtworld for $52K US (check out the anchor setup)
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1981/Hunter-Cherubini-Cutter-2240691/New-Bern/NC/United-States

...and there is another for $18K.

Seems to be more showing up every day, most look like they need a refit.

My first projects after purchase of my 1983 were engine(hoses), electric/batteries/charger, then cushions and running rigging. Now I'm getting into more engine (mounts, fuel filters ), furler, standing rigging. Next year will be sails, canvas... Anyone buying a used boat is buying a refit project.

I love adding all those yachtworld boat pictures into my 'future projects' collection.

Ed H

Sep 15, 2010
Hunter 33_77-83 Regent Point Marina, Virginia
Re: found another

Look at that swim platform on the stern!

Sep 22, 2009
Hunter 33 1980 Kingston
Lots of deals on eBay these days.
There's a Gozzard, a Moody and a Tayana I'd love to have but where do you stop wishing? I've only paid a little over $15k for my 33 and it's a nice boat.

Jun 2, 2004
Hey "Sail_4_Me"! What do you mean "I wonder how it got there"? There are 37-cutters all over the world. They were sailed there. One of our members here is in Hawaii. There are several in Australia and New Zealand. You were joking, right? :)

Mar 30, 2009
Hunter Cherubini 37-cutter Bayfield, Lake Huron
Ed, if that Cutter in the Med crossed the Atlantic on it's own, I think that's a rarity? I've read lots of adventures on this site and others, but beyond coastal sailing, going south, perhaps the odd race to Bermuda, I haven't come across any Atlantic passages or Pacific cruises for the 37c. I remember checking ARC listings and other rally's for the 37c but couldn't find anything.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to hear more stories about any crossings like that. My furthest adventure was 2.5 days in the MAC with 6 other guys, and that was in a C&C Landfall 38. (Thats a story in itself, 35Kt winds surfing down 12-15 foot waves, and that was getting TO the race, which was a hot floater )

Furthest I've done in my 37c was about 16 hours, getting up to the North Channel in lake Huron.

Colin

Jun 25, 2009
Hunter 33 Seabrooke, Houston
... and I paid $ 1,000.00 ( yes, one thousand) for mine
I would venture that another $3,000.00 was spent on my boat, and I reckon it is worth at least $ 15,000.00 the way it looks now
I say that because there is a similat H33 ( 1980) for sale her in Houston for $ 15,000.00 and I am certain mine is in better shape
Had a great sail yesterday: wanted to go out on my birthday Saturday 26th. but had no one to go with... so I cleaned up the boat

Sep 22, 2009
Hunter 33 1980 Kingston
$1000? Now that's a deal.
It's hard to find that kind of deal here in Canada.
Then again, my sails were in great shape, the engine ran and other than messy wiring, didn't have major problems. And my wife liked the photos on the listing.

May 31, 2007
Hunter 37 cutter Blind River
Lots of 37C's have gone offshore. I have met a couple of people who have taken them to England, one single handing. Both were sold there. Remember, the 37C was designed to be a mom and pop blue water cruiser. That is why she does so well downwind at the expense of upwind performance and why she is so sea kindly and provided with good storage.
During my travels in the tropics I came across a couple of H33's out cruising. Having owned one of these, too, I know they are a strong, seaworthy boat. For distance cruising I have to believe the 37C is the better choice, but there is no question that the 33 is capable too.

Jun 2, 2004
I revisited the E-Bay ad for the H37C. If not for the cost of storage I would buy that boat. Where is Pat(sailormanbigd)? He probably has a place for it. If not for restoration then for parts: winches, davits, spars, stainless, good looking stove, etc. Sad the way it was neglected. Did you see the hole cut in the v-berth? Looks like the A/C is in there with a bladder holding tank? The company that has the boat has other interesting boats for auction: http://www.neptunetowing.com/Auctions.html .

Jun 25, 2009
Hunter 33 Seabrooke, Houston
Sylvain
This was a one in a million chance: the owner wanted to sell, the boat was beaten up by Ike and had come out of the slip, torn all SB stanchions, grab rails, stern and bow pulpits, and was badly neglected inside
I will post some photos of what it looked like
The picture on my profile with the mast on top was the first picture I took: you had to go on a dinghy to it, because everything in the marina was sank or destroyed; it was taken back to the place you see it after retrieved from the street
I went sailing again Tuesday, had a great day
The engine was good though: worth more than the whole boat at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.