Cutlass Bearing for Beneteau 36cc

Jun 15, 2020
Beneteau Oceanis 36cc Marblehead
I am in desperate need to replace the cutlass bearing on my 2000 Beneteau 36cc and I found a dealer who may have what I need - since ordering one from Beneteau parts right now is impossible due to their systems breakdown. Has anyone done this before and/or would you know the specs? I know it's the 30mm diameter one, but does it come in different lengths and if so what length does my 36cc require?

Jun 15, 2020
Beneteau Oceanis 36cc Marblehead

RitSim

Jan 29, 2018
Beneteau 411 Branford
Ordered on Sat. Shipped Mon or Tues. My boat is a B411, 1999

Nov 2, 2020
Beneteau 361 421 Milwaukee
I ordered one off Ebay last fall - from eBay seller YACHT PARTS PLYMOUTH LIMITED
eBay seller ID yachtparts
All Rubber 22 - 40mm Shaft Cutlass stern tube bearing Choose from menu loc' F4 [25 x 40 x 120]

It was a little longer than the stock cutlass bearing, but fine in every other way. They shipped quickly. Cost was 19 GBP

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 440 Clayton, NY (1000 Islands) NY
I have the same questions for my 440. What size to order. Deep Blue Yacht Supply said they didn't have a way to look it up. BeneteauUSA is defunct I am guessing? Also, saw a video where the guy replaced his without removing shaft. He made it look too easy. To remove my shaft I believe I'd have to drop the rudder (or lift the motor and pull it into the boat). Any tricks to removing the old bearing without pulling shaft? Thanks for any advice offered!

Nov 2, 2020
Beneteau 361 421 Milwaukee
You need outer diameter and inner diameter – you can measure pretty effectively with a caliper. The old one is loose so should should slide right off. Remove the prop - not the shaft. Use lots of dish soap and you’ll get it in about 1/2 way by hand and use a mallet the rest of the way. The one thing I really wish I had done is to cut a length of PVC - put that over the shaft and then you can use the mallet to pound it in.