CUSTOMER SERVICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2008
Alerion Express 28 Oneida Lake, NY
Chris: I hope you won’t mind that I started a new thread, but I felt that this deserves one of its own, ESPECIALLY in this day and age. I ordered some stuff from the chandlery on this site - - - it was shipped BEFORE the estimated date!!! One of the items was defective. In fact, it was so grossly defective that it’s hard to understand how so many people could have touched it and still shipped it. The folks at HunterOwners.com never skipped a beat. They responded to my e-mail complaint IMMEDIATELY, with instructions for return of the defective item - - - NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!! Beyond that, they even issued a UPS Call Tag to have the item picked up, AT THEIR EXPENSE!!! I don’t have the replacement yet, but have absolutely no doubt that it will be taken care of in the same highly professional manner they’ve exhibited to date. My compliments to Phil, Bly, Karisa, Sara, and the gang at HunterOwners.com. Paul s/v The Lord Nelson chris sf bay 04/01 at 09:09AM Hunter 27_75-84 Reply #4 purchase from HOW for customer service If you have not picked a vendor yet I highly recommend purchasing your cover from this site. I purchased mine here after spending quite a bit of time researching. Let me just say that the quality is very good but the service is OUTSTANDING. When the cover arrived it did not fit to my satisfaction (around the mast was VERY snug and I was concerned that over time the zipper would rip out) The folks at HOW were extremely responsive in making a replacement cover very quickly. A couple of months later I was going over my credit card statements and I noticed a small credit on my account. Can you believe they actually credited back my shipping costs for returning the misfit cover. I am still taken aback by their high level of customer service and will be a HOW customer for life. WM could learn a lesson from these guys. my two cents chris

B

Bob

Another customer service experience

Chris, I recently ordered some mesh cushions from the chandlery which were made incorrectly. The port and starboard cushions had the zippers sewn in towards the cockpit instead of out towards the toe rail. The aft cushion was too big, front to back, by at least 1.5 inches. So much so that half of the snaps, used to hold the cushion down to the fiberglas seats, were off the seat and un-usable. Needless to say I was very unhappy with them. I contacted customer service at the chandlery and received a prompt reply from Sara. I think she found it hard to believe that the cushions were so wrong because she said that a lot of cushion sets had been sold to 285 owners without complaint. So I sent her digital photos of the problems and she agreed that the cushions needed to be replaced. After using the aft cushion foam insert as a template (I traced the out line of my seating area on the foam) I packaged up the cushion set for pick up that was to be arranged by the chandlery. Unfortunatly, there seems to have been a mix up in directions and UPS never came for the pick up! After I contacted Sara again she arranged to have UPS come this Monday, April 4th, which is tomorrow. Although I'm getting very good service from Sara I'm still dissappointed with the makers of the cushions and whom ever was responsible for "dropping the ball" for the cushion pick up. I should also say that Sara authorized a $50 gift allowance fro any item from the chandlery which was a nice thing to do. So this is a story still without an end. The cushions will be picked up this Monday, I hope, and I'll be waiting and watching how long it will take to get the second set of cushions back. I can only hope that the second set will be made correctly. I'll keep you all posted.

Dec 2, 2003
- - Seabeck WA
See this?

I mean the cup holder under the NavPod. I bought it here. The vendor sent the wrong stuff. Same story, call tag issued. Then the vendor was delayed (I don't remember) Bly credited back my payment. (full refund back to my debit card) All of that BEFORE the drink holder arrived! Sorry Bly, no good deed goes unpunished. Thanks again.

D

Don

Just spent all day Fri...

searching in vain for an express overnight high dollar parts shipment via UPS from a supplier. Fog apparently delayed the UPS flight and it seems the package wound up on a ground truck to arrive in our place on Saturday. Problem is their fancy dancy scanner didn't pick up the hand off until it was actually handed to us yesterday. Several hours wasted on the phone...... Bob's pblm might be with UPS not HOW, you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.