Customer Service? Flow Rite Remote Battery Watering

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
I bought a new Deka (East Penn) 31 DCX (FLA)) battery and noticed that the old FlowRite remote watering valves would not fit the wider spacing on the new battery. I sent FlowRite an e-mail asking if they made a system or had individual auto water valves that would fit that battery.. I gave full dimensions of the watering configuration on the new battery and noted in the mail that the old valves (typical group 27 ganged vents) would not fit this battery. They wrote back and stated that since I have a size 31 battery that what I need are the old valves!!! AMAZING!!! One would think that them knowing the specs of their product, and the dimensions I provided, they would not have suggested exactly what I had noted would not work! I would be ashamed to have a customer contact for my business who can't comprehend a written note and has no knowledge of the specifications of the product!!

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Suprising that battery cap and cell diameters are not standard. I just bought (without measuring unfortunately) and installed new battery cell level indication / water fill caps on my lead acid battery today and they fit perfectly, albeit tight......probably lucky.

Last edited: