Curtain Replacement Help Catalina 27 1985

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2004
- - Barnegat Bay
Catalina 27 Owners,

It is time to replace the curtains in our 1985 C27. I am looking for installation suggestions, and most of all Pictures of your finished project.

I am trying to avoid some of the mistakes that others have learned from.

If you want send your pics to me directly at vzes42k2@verizon.net

Any and all suggestions as far as manufacturer or type of shade/curtain will be considered.

Help me out here, I know we all like our Cabins to look as nice or nicer than our homes.:)

Thanks

Feb 9, 2008
Catalina 22 Long Beach Harbor, MS
The wife made mine two years ago for my C22. Obtained fabric from local store. I don't remember exactly, but it was rated for outdoor/uv use. Cheap. She took all the hardware off the old ones, cut to pattern, and went from there. At the time, she used iron-on hemming tape, as we were pressed for time. Intended to go back and sew. The worst part was sewing on all the little tabs that run in the track! Two years later, the tape still holds. Looks like it did when I put them in. Either way, it cost almost nothing compared to buying a set. No pics, boat 1hr away at dock. Can do later...

Now I just need to do something about those old cushions!

Oh yea, some have opted to go with blinds, so check that option as well.

Jul 8, 2004
- - Barnegat Bay
Thanks for your reply. I removed the old curtains for patterns and a friend was going to make me new ones. But when she saw all those little clips, well that project came to a end.

Not familiar with iron on hemming tape,I will look into that, and maybe just tackle the project myself.

M

Mike Anderson

Thanks for your reply. I removed the old curtains for patterns and a friend was going to make me new ones. But when she saw all those little clips, well that project came to a end.

Not familiar with iron on hemming tape,I will look into that, and maybe just tackle the project myself.
I'm looking to buy new drapes for my '74 Catalina, any clue where I can find them (I'm not much of a seamstress) ????

Sep 28, 2008
2 30 palmetto fl
Curtain Replacement

I read these responses with great interest. I have a Catalina-30 and also want to replace my window covering. I hate the pleated things in there now. On the "Catalina Owner Mods" tab [above], there are pictures posted by Susan Ray that look like canvas window coverings that snap over the window.
Does anyone have the details on this procedure? Very clean looking

Status
Not open for further replies.