Curtain for the Head

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris Morin

There are two tracks on the ceiling in the head of our 1989 Catalina 30. One along the ceiling toward the wall behind the toilet and the other along the ceiling near the door. When we bought the boat, the tracks were empty. Are the tracks for a shower curtain ? If so would it be worth installing the curtains ? Does it help while taking a shower ? Where would I buy new curtains ? Thanks CM

J

John

You might try Catalina 818 884 7700. It is like showering in a plastic coffin, but the water is contained. It takes a bit of effort to pull the curtain around the bends in the track and it could rip if too much force is applied. I wanted to replace mine (83 Cat 30TR)with a store bought one, but the hassle of attaching/sewing the track slugs appears to be too much of a hassle.

K

kaptaindave

The '89 and '83 used two different curtain styles.

The '89 and '83 used two different curtain styles... The '83 uses the "platic coffin" which attaches to an oval shaped track on your cabin ceiling. The '89 uses two separate tracks... one covers the entrance door and the other covers the mirror / sink area. They are both made of the same material and should be available from the Catalina factory. The later model is a much superior set up that can be used on an older boat provided your bulkheads are painted with Dura-white paint (available at West Marine) and you buy new tracks (from Catalina). Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.