Curious about mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter Brennan

The O'Day 37 is a lot of boat, and one can do a lot to it. I have seen them with air conditioning, windlasses, davits, etc. I was just curious concerning what mods readers of this forum have made or contemplate making. On our '82 model, I did away with those plastic boxes under the settees and berths. I put bulkheads between the two lockers covers under each settee. You can get far more stuff in there. Also put a bulkhead under the V-berth to serve as chain locker and light collision bulkhead. We installed a set of davits on the stern for the hard dinghy. A Collision Avoidance Radar Detector (CARD). Solid fuel cabin heater on the port saloon bulkhead. On-board shore power smart charger. High-output alternator. Keel-cooler 12-volt refrigerator. Anchor windlass. Washdown pump. Fluorescent lights over the stove and chart table. Garhauer solid boom vang. A holder for bottled water (2.5 gallon size) over the galley. The boat came with pressure water and water heater, a Lectrosan MSD, Autohelm 4000 autopilot, Loran, VHF radio and a TV set and antenna, a stereo, and wind instruments, depth indicator and knotmeter and Adler-Barbour fridge. The TV, Autohelm, VHF, stereo and fridge have been replaced. Also installed glass deadlights over forward berth and padeyes at stern for spinnaker sheets, pole handling stuff on mast, midships mooring cleats. Also padeyes in cockpit for clipping on safety harness and ability to rig jacklines bow to stern. Netting on lifelines to keep dog, children and all sorts of stuff on board. Also replaced mast wedges with the blue plastic gloop, Mastite? Works great but doesn't stop leaks down the mast. On the wish list is a radar, gps and SSB radio.

H

Howard Levine

Wow, not much left to do

Hi, We just gotten our 37 this past winter and after a back breaking spring we finally got her in the drink. There is plenty of room for extras and I plan on installing a few as my budget will allow. I'd love to see some pictures of some of your modification and would like to know what type of lifeline netting you recomend to keep the little people onboard. Most i've seen attached to aluminum toe rails and i'm curious "how to" on the 37. Love to hear from ya howie/Freewill freewill@nlc.net

Status
Not open for further replies.