Cruise Pac - dock lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

Does the much advertised CruisePac include docklines and fenders? Last time I bought a new boat I ended up paying about $600 extra and I think I'm about to pay the same.

B

Bruce Grant

My Dealer

My dealer includes those as part of commishioning, but in the end I will pay for them. Question is, is it better to pay for them up front or included in the loan amount. Long and short is check with your dealer, they may or maynot include these as standard items. Regards. Bruce.

S

Steve Cook

I got lines

My dealer threw in 4 dock lines but no fenders with my new H310. I ended up buying better dock lines from West Marine. What ever they say you will get with the boat, have them put it in wrtitting. Steve, s/v Odssey

B

Bob Knott

No

The cruise pac comes from Hunter Marine with the boat and doe not include lines or fenders. That said, as the previous posts indicate many dealers (although mine didn't) will include those if you push. Put it this way, if your close to closing and the dealer thinks your are going to walk on the sale he'll cough up the lines and fenders to get you to sign! Best of luck, the 320 looks great Bob Knott H380

M

Mickey McHugh

Ship & Sail Dealership

in Texas does. Even for their Carver powerboats which take large fenders and lines. They provided me 4 of the right size fenders plus 4 bow and stern lines and two spring lines. So it must be a dealer thing. BTW, they offered me what I paid for my 97 H40.5 ($154K at the Houston in the Water Boatshow in 97) as a trade in for a new H460 at this year's show plus a nice mark down on the new boat. We decided to stay with Yaga so we can start cruising sooner. But it goes to show you that a Hunter can keep her value. Can you SEE me smiling over the internet?

Jul 1, 1998
Hunter Legend 35 Poulsbo/Semiahmoo WA
Second on Put it Writing

With our purchase of a new H-35, it was intended to come with a depth sounder. The transducer thru hull (with plug) was installed and the transducer, instrument, and wiring was in a box. When I picked up the boat the salesman was point out things and as he was about ready to leave the boat he picked up the box which was under the stove (was out in the open before). I didn't comment because it was only a few hundred bucks (whats money to a boater!). A couple weeks later when the dealer (owner) was doing some warranty work we were talking and I mentioned what the salesman did. A few days after that a box came UPS with the sounder. A short time after that the salesman was out on his own. Unfortunately, the dealer is no longer in business. Best advise is to put everything that you think important in writing. A good contract saying: "If it isn't written it isn't said".

W

Wayne Estabrooks

Dock Lines & Fenders

When I bought the 340 in 1997 my dealer gave me 2 nice large fenders and 4 50 ft docklines.

M

Mark Johnson

I for one....

would rather NOT have the cruise pac. The stuff that I paid for in the cruise pac is not stuff that I would of selected. I would rather save the money on the purchase and get what I want. BTW my dealer gave me 3 really nice fenders and 4 50' docking lines when I purchased our 460. They just did it, I did not ask for them. Mark Johnson

J

Jim McCue

the pac

Get it all in writing ,, be specific, is that 50' of 3/8 line or 1/5 ? It can be what you make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.