Crealock designed 1970 Ericson 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Ken Neely

I recently found a 1970 Ericson 26 for sale. I am travelling to inspect it this week, but I would like some feedback from other sailors with experience on this design. I have always held respect for Bill Crealock's designs (my aim is to own a Crealock 37). Does anyone have pictures of this hull design? I found the original advertisement from '68, but there seems to be nothing on the '70 available; is this due to a flaw, or are they too sturdy to sell?

K

Ken Neely

I bought her!

I believe the reason not many '70 Ericson 26's are for sale is due to two factors: #1 - the beauty of her lines (she reminded me of an H-28) and #2 - the bombproof fiberglass work of Ericson's master builders! Tho I have acquired her, I am still interested in any advice/information on the late sixties Ericsons. Please feel free to gimme your two cents!!!

B

Bob

Hey Ken

When you said she reminds you of an H-28 I hope you meant Hinckley. Ericsons are nice looking boats, especially under sail. And you are correct, their glasswork is a cut above the norm. If one that age has been well kept, it is a lot of bang for the buck. Check EricsonYachts.org and you will find much more info than here. E-boats aren't perfect, but they are very hard to beat for the money. Enjoy!

R

Ram Sudama

Any pictures/specs of older Ericson 26?

Ken, I'm looking at a 70's Ericson 26 (and I agree with you about the lines). I haven't been able to see the interior of the boat yet, I'm wondering if you might have any pictures of yours or copies of the original drawings. I've seen the specs posted on the EricsonYachts.org site, but there was obviously a significant re-design when the started product on these again in the 80's. The only way I could determine that the one I'm looking at is actually an Ericson 26 was by looking at the picture of yours being trailer launched, and at the B&W flyer they have on the web site from 1968. I'm wondering if the older ones have the same interior layout as the later ones. If I get this one I'm going to have lots of questions for you. Let me know if you wouldn't mind communicating directly. Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.