Crack in Hull liner

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Charles L.

I made an offer on a '91 Beneteau 390 subject to survey and sea trial. There was also a '90 390 at the broker marina for which a deal just went together. The surveyor found a crack in the bulkhead liner, starting at the mast and going along the starboard bulkhead all the way across. It was easy to see when the removable sole plate was lifted out of the way. After observing this I immediately went with the broker to the boat on which I made the offer and observed the same crack on my boat-to-be. I backed out of the deal. Has anyone seen a similar crack? Does the factory monitor this forum? I would like to find out if this is a common problem and if there is a standard repair procedure. The 390 looks like a great boat, but I am afraid to proceed further without knowing more about this. The other boat also had a crack in the liner under the sole plate which is just outside the rear head. It lines up with the factory cradle. The hull looked like it was being pushed in slightly by the cradle in the area where the crack appeared on the inside. Anyone seen this one? The two cracks appear to be unrelated. Any feedback would be appreciated. I figure the owners would know about this if anyone would. I am going to look around this site and elsewhere to see if there is a way to correspond with the factory. The broker is not a Beneteau dealer, and the boat is 8 years old, so the factory may not be interested. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.