CP19 OUTBOARD PREFERENCE

Jul 11, 2018
ComPac 16,19 Panama City, FL
Of all the outboards available today what has been your preference for a Com-Pac 19?
When I started with my CP16 years ago the Johnson 1.5 HP got me in and out of marinas quite nicely. But it proved too light for strong head winds.

Recently I came up with a brand new Folding Three from Mercury. Are any of you old enough to remember that one?

Bob Burgess

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
No. But I saw a working hand cranked Evinrude in a museum Tuesday.

Jul 11, 2018
Of all the outboards available today what has been your preference for a Com-Pac 19?
When I started with my CP16 years ago the Johnson 1.5 HP got me in and out of marinas quite nicely. But it proved too light for strong head winds.

Recently I came up with a brand new Folding Three from Mercury. Are any of you old enough to remember that one?

Bob Burgess

Bob Burgess

Jul 11, 2018
Museums are where most of these end up, I guess. Tucked away in the corner of my garage I spotted one I had saved from childhood since it had belonged to my dad. It was a hand crank propeller that attached to a boat's transom. Turning it as you cranked guided the direction you went.