Couch removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sammy

Can one of you Hunter 41 owners advise me how to gain acces to behind the couch in the salon? I have looked for hours for a latch or some other mecinism to release it.

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
there isn't one

Sammy The settee is built into the boat. The only objects which are movable are the cushions and underlying hatch openings. In more than one way, there is no -mecinism -

Jun 3, 2004
BC 37 Back Creek, Annapolis
That is a puzzle!

I must admit to looking myself and not seeing anything obvious. Did you take the sliding drawer all the way out, and look inside the cavity that's there? That's where I'd look next. Hunter customer service can certainly tell you. Don, not sure if you have seen the couch in a 41. It truly is a couch, one-piece, complete with rounded arms and built in back, just like at home! It's not the usual boat "bench seat" type of thing with hatch openings etc.

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
ignore my previous post Sammy

I'm sure Brian is right - I was incorrectly assuming something I shouldn't have.

Sep 24, 1999
Hunter H46LE Sausalito
mine, on an H46LE,

was attached to the deck with eight or nine screws. Getting them out was the easy part, the hard part was dealing with the water heater that was built into the "couch." I dropped a TV remote down there and decided it wasn't worth the hassle. Then I dropped a Mont Blanc Meisterstuk and spent an hour unbolting the freaking "couch." Installed a pool noodle behind it so that whatever I drop next won't travel all the way into the bilge.

S

Sammy

Thanks

Thanks for your comments. I guess ill have to call Hunter on how to remove it.

May 22, 2004
Hunter h41 San Francisco
Remove the drawer. A latch on either side must be moved in order to get the drawer all the way out. The couch is held in place with screws. Difficult to find the screw holes when reinstalling the couch. Also, when removing the drawer the tiny ball bearings on the slide mechanism can fall out. Be slow and cautious.

Status
Not open for further replies.