Correct Sail Dimensions for a 22'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2006
- - Redondo Beach
Hello! I have recently bought a VERY used 22' Columbia. The sail says CM21 on it, and is too short for the mast. The jib is also quite tiny. Does anyone know a source for the CORRECT sails for my boat. Alternatively, does anyone have the correct measurements so I can order sails that more closely match the original? Thanks Steve

P

Pablo

Correct Sails

I got sails for a 26 from Doyle Sails in City Island talk to Paul they have done a lot of Columbia sailboats call him at 800-237-4453

M

Mark

sails for a 22

I have a 22 great boat the biger the jib the faster she goes.. I think she was designed that way center of effort and all that stuff.I hank on the biger of the 2 jibs I got and she doesn't heal a lot in a stiff wind might be some thing to do with that planeing bottom she has..Don't know if that helps but I would go for the biger jib I think you will be pleased

Aug 28, 2006
- - Redondo Beach
Thanks

Thanks guys. Does anyone know any other good used outlets...maybe on the west coast? Thanks again!

G

Gerald

Columbia Specs

Steve I am rebuilding a C-22 and have found the specs on an old add that came out with the original Columbia 22. It includes the sail specs. Total sail area is 232 sq ft [main + jib]. LOA LWL BEAM DRAFT DISPL BALLAST JIB JIB MAIN MAIN LEECH FOOT LUFF FOOT ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- 22' 20'1" 7’9" 3'2" 2200 1000 26.6 8.6 23.5 10.3' Gerald

Status
Not open for further replies.