Coolant Over-Temp Sensor for Perkins 60 hp

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Morgan 41' Palm City
Our 41' has a Perkins 4.154 and the coolant over-temp sensor has a terminal broken off. It trips at 200 F, has 2 terminals, and the rest of the body is about 3/4" long. I haven't checked, but I think it is a 1/2 npt thread. Stamped on the part is "Elmwood", "3000-", "56-25", "F200", and "98/02".

Does anyone have a lead on where to get this replacement or equivalent part? Picture attached.
Many thanks!

Attachments

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
try an auto parts store

The over temp switch is just a bi-metal spring. As long as the set tempperature and threads match it should work fine.

May 3, 2010
Morgan 41' Palm City
Tried auto/diesel shops

Thanks, Bill. I have tried the local auto parts, diesel repair shops, West Marine, etc without success. I certainly thought this was a "generic" item which could be easily hunted down, but still the trouble. The most important spec would be the trip temperature, and, as long as the length works, I could use a bushing if the thread was smaller than 1/2 npt.
Regards,
ES

May 3, 2010
Morgan 41' Palm City
Part is FOUND!

I was able to get in touch with the previous owner and he told me he thought it was from AquaAlarm. I went to their site, and ... Frabjous Day ... there it is.
Thanks for the help on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.