Converting Y30 to mid boom sheeting

Jul 9, 2004
Yamaha 30 - Sidney
Yamaha 30, tall rig.
Love the boat though I wish I could have a decent dodger put on. (fall/spring cruising in the Gulf Islands)
The main tackle attached at the companionway pretty much prevents any kind of dodger.
Thinking about moving to a mid-boom setup. Not an easy or cheap change I know, but wonder if anyone has done it on a Yam.

Anyone?

cheers

Craig
Satori in Sidney

jnovie

Jan 28, 2009
Yamaha 26 tall rig Marina Village Alameda, CA
Yamaha 30, tall rig.
Love the boat though I wish I could have a decent dodger put on. (fall/spring cruising in the Gulf Islands)
The main tackle attached at the companionway pretty much prevents any kind of dodger.
Thinking about moving to a mid-boom setup. Not an easy or cheap change I know, but wonder if anyone has done it on a Yam.

Anyone?

cheers

Craig
Satori in Sidney
This response is not exactly what you are looking for but perhaps could be an alternative to consider:
There is a Y30 available in the SF Bay Area on which the traveler was moved way aft to accommodate the dodger. Looks like a very well designed dodger that could perhaps have had an additional foot or so added on the aft end for more protection. I have attached a few images I was able to lift from the for-sale add.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

Dec 31, 2012
Merit 25 Portland
Yamaha 30, tall rig.

Anyone?

cheers

Craig
Satori in Sidney
I have considered something similar for my 33. It has a small dodger, but I'd like something larger. Moving the traveler aft wouldn't work as mine has a wheel. Has anybody actually done something like this?

Rick Samuels
Vaporware
Portland, Oregon