Converting from CNG to Propane

NCBrew

Feb 22, 2010
Hunter Hunter Legend 35.5 9335 Albemarle Plantation, NC
Unless you are going to Mexico or the islands for an extended time, you might consider getting a second CNG tank and an adapter for a fueling station fill up. Huston has a ton of them and there may be many near you also.
I would love to have one of the many CNG filling stations you have. I live in NE NC and SE VA. So far I have found none. If anyone is from there and knows where one is, please send me the filling station address.

NCBrew

Feb 22, 2010
Hunter Hunter Legend 35.5 9335 Albemarle Plantation, NC
I am looking into purchasing a stove top and setting it on top of my present CGN stove and then find a place to put propane bottles. Does anyone know if I can convert the CGN bottles to propane bottles. I have 2 CGN long skinny bottles already stowed.

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
Does anyone know if I can convert the CGN bottles to propane bottles.
I can't imagine it. They are completly different. Even if you could convert them I can't imagine a propane dealer filling them.

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
i would not store any propane bottles, even the small green ones, in the cabin or any locker that is not properly vented (from the bottom) overboard. You can hang a regular propane bottle like those used on gas grills on your rail in a bracket.