controlling higth accross florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joe

what controls the passage from indian river to ft meyers accross FL?

T

Tom M.

from east to west, under 49' you'll pass the test

the lowest expanse is 50 feet

J

Jim Ewing

Tom's right...

... but Indian River Marina also can heel your boat over enough to let a 53' mast height under the RR bridge at Port Mayaca. Last I heard this cost $75.00 Jim "Prospect"

S

s. frumkes

water level?

I have a 33 and my clearance is (I call it) 49'(just to be safe). I have made the exact trip without problems in the summer with the water level being fairly low. During periods of heavy rain the lowest RR bridge on the E side of the lake will be your only problem. There are also people (I think in Indian River) who will weight down one side of your boat to tilt the mast and make you fit, dont know the cost. Just a note, if you make this trip in the summer months be very aware of the thunderstorms on the lake. They can be SERIOUSLY nasty. That lake seems calm but in a blow it's shallow and the waves become high, steep with a quick period between them. Good luck and enjoy the view, its a part of Fla. that most people never see on a sail boat.

S

s. frumkes

water level?

I have a 33 and my clearance is (I call it) 49'(just to be safe). I have made the exact trip without problems in the summer with the water level being fairly low. During periods of heavy rain the lowest RR bridge on the E side of the lake will be your only problem. There are also people (I think in Indian River) who will weight down one side of your boat to tilt the mast and make you fit, dont know the cost. Just a note, if you make this trip in the summer months be very aware of the thunderstorms on the lake. They can be SERIOUSLY nasty. That lake seems calm but in a blow it's shallow and the waves become high, steep with a quick period between them. Good luck and enjoy the view, its a part of Fla. that most people never see on a sail boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.