Companionway light - 2009 B37

Vegas

Feb 12, 2009
Beneteau 37 JBM, St. Clair Shores, MI
A light is just to the port side of the companionway...see picture.

I haven't figured out how to turn it on, and if it doesn't work, how to change the bulb?

Is there a specific switch, or does it come on with some general switch, such as "cabin lights" on the electrical control panel???

If it needs a bulb, does it pry out, spring-loaded, like the hockey-puck style ceiling lights below? Or does it unscrew?

Any help will be appreciated!

Attachments

Vegas

Feb 12, 2009
Thanks, Ron! You have given me lots of good advice over the years. I found an "Aqua Signal Remote Control System" flyer in the boat, but no fob. If the bulb is LED, chances are I won't have to change the bulb........just find the control and turn it on.

I'll search for the controller, and if I find one, order a new fob.

Anyone know if it was standard factory equipment?

CCHer

Jul 7, 2010
Beneteau 37 Cranes Creek, VA
Thanks, Ron! You have given me lots of good advice over the years. I found an "Aqua Signal Remote Control System" flyer in the boat, but no fob. If the bulb is LED, chances are I won't have to change the bulb........just find the control and turn it on.

I'll search for the controller, and if I find one, order a new fob.

Anyone know if it was standard factory equipment?
I have a 2013 model. The AS controller is in the compartment next to the aft berth between the charger and battery isolator. Order the fob and pair it to the controller. Instructions should come with it.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
I have a 2013 model. The AS controller is in the compartment next to the aft berth between the charger and battery isolator. Order the fob and pair it to the controller. Instructions should come with it.
Basically the same on our 2014. Here's a picture of it inside the battery charger compartment. The receiver is the small black box on the right.

image-2906499512.jpg

Vegas

Feb 12, 2009
Thanks, everybody!

I found it and was able to buy a replacement remote control fob from West Marine, $27, and I programmed it to the controller yesterday. A nice feature!