Companionway Door Lock

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
The 15-year old original Perko turning knob would not latch the companionway doors and the entire latch was showing signs of corrosion so replaced it. Now the turning knob latches the door, looks refreshing and Perko supplied me 2 additional keys with the original 2 keys. What a difference.

1598919624520.png

Feb 21, 2013
In case you are interested, it is Perko part #0918DP0CHR Rim Lock Set - Regular Bevel and was purchased from BOATiD.com for $130 plus shipping.

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
You would hope that a door latch & handle set costing $130 would not corrode to unworkability in just 15 years. It's not like it gets as much use as doorknobs in your home that cost a quarter as much. Ours are original - 39 years old- and must still work only because they get so little use. The mediocre quality and pervasive corrosion is so annoying that I will not purchase a replacement from Perko.

Feb 21, 2013
.....The mediocre quality and pervasive corrosion is so annoying that I will not purchase a replacement from Perko.
The corrosion was minor pitting and only noticeable by me and I was probably too lazy to fix the knob. Perko makes really high quality hardware!!