Commodore T26

Sep 25, 2020
Commodore T26 26 BaySprings Marina Mississippi
We just bought a Commodore T26 and need information on how the bilge works, where the drain and ice box drain too, if it has a holding tank and any other information you can share. Thanks In Advance

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new sailboat!!

Did you get a survey as the surveyor should have identified information on whether there is a bilge pump and its manufacturer and model? Draining the ice box to the bilge is common practice. You could do a test by pouring water into the ice box drain and that would both flush the drain and verify where it drains to, if does. If it does not drain to the bilge then install a large enough container in it to contain any water.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
@MeMelou Welcome to the forum.
I have not seen your brand of boat. Looking up the data, looks like it will be a comfortable boat to learn sailing and do some coastal cruising.
The Commodore T26 is said to be similar to the Horizon 26 pictured here.
1601220747725.jpeg

If in fact similar image may give you some assistance.

New to you boats are always a fun place for exploration. I would encourage you to take some time and inspect your boat. Look in every void and cupboard. Open everything. Crawl in to places even if they look creepy. Keep notes of what you see. Take pictures of "Everything". Trace the hoses and wires, everyone. They will lead to other things, take pictures anon find out what they are. Remember the you are on the water you are the mechanic, electrician, plumber, sheriff, mayor, and owner all in one. Knowing what and where everything is will give you the confidence to fix what needs fixing and sail your boat back home. It really does not matter if you are on a lake or 10 miles from shore in the Gulf. Until we learn to walk on water, (not happening soon) it is up to the person on the boat to do what needs to be done.

Ask questions and post pictures here on the forum. We might not have been on your boat, but often you have a "thingamajig" on your boat and someone here has seen or heard of it. Besides during winter we love to be stumped with a new to everyone thing.

This is a great adventure. Have fun with it.
Fair winds.

Dec 3, 2009
Columbia T-26 Florida
Hi ! I'm a bit late jumping on the thread, I own a Columbia T26 Pretty much same boat as the Commodore T26 was just wondering if any other owners came up with a good method of self raising the mast ? I've tried gin poles and a bunch of other methods but I've resorted to relying on boatyards and launching at Marina's with a forklift to help me raise the mast. Sort of defeated the purpose of having a trailer-able sailboat lol.. I'm still happy with the boat but would be wonderful to come up with a method of raising the mast on my own. Any advice would be most appreciated ! Thankyou !

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Hi ! I'm a bit late jumping on the thread, I own a Columbia T26 Pretty much same boat as the Commodore T26 was just wondering if any other owners came up with a good method of self raising the mast ? I've tried gin poles and a bunch of other methods but I've resorted to relying on boatyards and launching at Marina's with a forklift to help me raise the mast. Sort of defeated the purpose of having a trailer-able sailboat lol.. I'm still happy with the boat but would be wonderful to come up with a method of raising the mast on my own. Any advice would be most appreciated ! Thankyou !
I've never done a Columbia T26, but have made mast raising systems on other boats. If you can take pictures of the mast set up. The mast , the base, the deck and all the area around where one would have to work from - including your trailer - might be able to give some ideas. You've obviously tired several options without success.

dj