Com-Pac 16 -- What to look for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2010
Com-Pac 16 Cape Canaveral
Tomorrow I am driving about three hours to look at a early 1980's Com-Pac 16. I have been looking for a boat for a while, and have pretty much decided that this model is the best for my needs.

If anybody has any suggestions on "danger spots" for me to look for on a Com-Pac 16, I am wide open to your advice. The price, including running motor and trailer (new wheels and bearings), is $2,000. It has updated (heavier) rigging, but the interior is basically unfinished. Evidently, there is a soft spot on the interior floor which a previous owner was about to work on before selling the boat.

I will need to buy or make cushions (are there patterns available?). The owner also told me that while the main is in great condition, the jib should be replaced soon.

Jan 28, 2010
Com-Pac 16 Cape Canaveral
Well, that boat didn't work out, but I did purchase a different one today!

After looking at a bunch of these boats, I think the thing to look for is rot in the cabin floor. It took looking at a bunch of them to find them with one with a solid floor.

I didn't get a chance to sail it with the owner, so now I have to figure out which lines goes where!

Mar 22, 2010
Com-Pac 23/2 Cottonwood Lake
How has your sailing summer been with the Com-Pac?

Well, that boat didn't work out, but I did purchase a different one today!

After looking at a bunch of these boats, I think the thing to look for is rot in the cabin floor. It took looking at a bunch of them to find them with one with a solid floor.

I didn't get a chance to sail it with the owner, so now I have to figure out which lines goes where!

Status
Not open for further replies.