Columbia 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Earl House

Does anyone know if the 1968 31' Columbia had a balsa core below the water line and if their have been significant structual problems reported becaus of this method. I would guess the decks are also balsa core on these boats. I know that Pearson used this method in the early 70's but had perfected the method and had very few problems. Thanks for your help.

Nov 23, 2004
Columbia 8.7 Super wide body Deltaville(Richmond)VA
C-31 cored?

Earl, You really should go to the Columbia Yacht owners discussion group with your questions. There are several active 31 owners on the list. your questions will get immediate attention. Larry Wilson http://groups.yahoo.com/group/columbiasailingyachts/

T

Tim Foley

About the 31

Earl, The 31 was a Charley Morgan designed Keel/Centerboarder. Solid glass below the waterline. Plywood or balsa core on the decks. Very solid boats. For futher specs. Check out the link. Tim Foley

E

Earl House

Thanks Tim I went to see the Columbia 31 yesterday armed with the good advise everyon on the forum have given. The survey found the boat to be a solid and extremly well cared for boat. I bought her and plan to do a bottom and refit with roller and a few upgrades. Thanks again for the info on the balsa core question she is indeed solid glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.