Colored Halyards

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
1976 formosa 41 yankee clipper santa barbara. ca.(not there)
lol the dirty grey one on th left is port, the dirty grey one on th eright is starboard. the dirty grey one from above is the main halyard. the dirty grey one in th ebow is spinnnaker. the clean blue and white one is the new mizzen halyard(PO replaced a line!!!!)
and on my ericson, originally named balderdash,l btw, lol, the dirty blue matching ones are for the jib--same color each side, and the dirty white one is the main halyard and the new cream color one at the end of the boom is the replaced and needs again to be replaced as is not 9/16!-is the main sheet....the green one coming from above is the spinnaker halyard---only used to remove any problems at masthead..because the topping lift broke and went skyward....LOL...the pretties are for lifelines and are too skinny to use as anything else...maybe i will replace my dity roller furl furling lines with something yooneek and gorgeous and very attitudinal....mebbe will stay grey--dont know as yet----

my boats have each got green solid colored halyards for the spinnaker---reasons only known by previous owner unless there is a law saying all spinnaker halyards need to be green--but i think is for reminding isnt the halyard they need to use for mainsail.

having sailed a few times with colorblind individuals, the only drawback to colored lines is the colorblind still dont know which is which, so telling them of the colors meaning different things is irrelevant.

Jun 8, 2004
Pearson 26W Marblehead
colored lines?

my halyards and sheets are all sun bleached gray. I sail with the same crew all the time and everyone knows whats what. When I need new line Ill think about color but not right now

Status
Not open for further replies.