Cockpit Table Leg

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
I am sure others have/had the same issue with the leg of the cockpit table. Mine does not lock and we are always worried that the leg will get knocked and the dinner will end up on the floor. I bought a locking hinge that was for another application, but it looks too clunky and I have not installed it. So what I'm looking for is some info on the best way to secure this leg. Obviously pictures would be great, maybe this is an opportunity to show off your handy work! Thanks in advance....

Cheers

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
I am sure others have/had the same issue with the leg of the cockpit table. Mine does not lock and we are always worried that the leg will get knocked and the dinner will end up on the floor. I bought a locking hinge that was for another application, but it looks too clunky and I have not installed it. So what I'm looking for is some info on the best way to secure this leg. Obviously pictures would be great, maybe this is an opportunity to show off your handy work! Thanks in advance....

Cheers
I don't see how this can be an issue? Our leg pulls down and then goes backup and locks into place very securely. Are you sure you have pushed it back up onto the inner post?

Here is the link to Catalina Direct for the leg. Look at the "more images" to see a side view of the top of the leg. https://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm/product/344/table-leg-with-bracket.cfm

May 2, 2012
Catalina 310 Toronto, Ontario
Ditto JK. Mine does the same. "Leg pulls down and then goes backup and locks into place very securely".:dance: My boat is a 2003.

Cheers
2 OLD PIRATES

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Oh, I wish I was at the boat right now, not at work. I didn't know that this leg somehow locks at the pivot position. Maybe mine is bent and just needs a little convincing? I will post my results tomorrow. That's what I like about this site, lot's of experience and readiness to help.
Thanks!

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Well, I looked at my table leg this morning and I have an issue. The end of the tube is not round, it has been crushed into a 'U' shape. I am going to have to remove the leg and hopefully return the tube to it's original shape, so that it will fit over the stub of the table. I see the slots in the side and now understand how it should work. The previous owner told me that they always kept their foot against the bottom of the leg so that the table wouldn't collapse, same thing we have been doing!
Thanks for your help.

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
Well, I looked at my table leg this morning and I have an issue. The end of the tube is not round, it has been crushed into a 'U' shape. I am going to have to remove the leg and hopefully return the tube to it's original shape, so that it will fit over the stub of the table. I see the slots in the side and now understand how it should work. The previous owner told me that they always kept their foot against the bottom of the leg so that the table wouldn't collapse, same thing we have been doing!
Thanks for your help.
Well, at least that explains the issue. Worst case is you have to purchase a new one for $50.

If you can wait until the winter I could probably sell you mine. I purchased a used cockpit table off of a scrapped C350 and plan to install that this winter.

Jesse

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
I have learned how to deal with the table leg, the plates and other things sliding off the table top.....etc.

paulj
:troll: