Cockpit table - how to secure it

Nov 15, 2023
Catalina 310 242 New Orleans
My 2003 Catalina 310 has the folding leaf table that drops down for storage. I assume it's original equipment. Does anyone know how it's meant to be secured so the leaves don't flap around? And so the table doesn't bang against the pedestal? And so the support leg doesn't rattle? It seems like I'm missing a clip or some other retainer.

The PO used an ugly automotive bungie. It looks terrible and has to be strung just right to keep everything from banging around.

1708748403149.png

There are two small tie down loops on the underside of the table. Running shock cord from one to the other, around the front, will keep the leaves tight, but won't solve the other two issues.

Before I design my own solution, I'd love to know what the original design used. Please let me know how yours works.

Does anyone know what brand and model this table is?

Thanks

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
I have the ‘bungee cord’ as well. Way back someone posted that this is how their boat came originally. I would like a different solution also.
cheers

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
I used to put a small cooler forward of the folded table and run a bungee cord around the pedestal supports to the handles on the cooler. This kept everything secure, and it was very handy to have cold bottles of water right in front of you. Not to mention the cold beers once the anchor went down.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
I use these on my boat by attacking the loop to the pedestal legs each side then put the ball together in front of the table. I'll take a picture today and post.

Aug 1, 2022
Catalina c310 Burlington, VT
I have been imagining a canvas wrap with a bunch of pockets on the front. It would hold everything to the pedestal like bungee… but offer pockets to sunglasses, etc.

Now I just need to prioritize having it made.