Cockpit folding table

Jul 6, 2010
Catalina 30 Bainbridge Island, WA
Does anyone have a good idea for making a simple cockpit folding table for a C-30? I'm more interested in the hardware used and how it was mounted.
Thank,
Tom

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Sounds like a nice project!! A photo of your pedestal would help. Do you have pedestal guard like the shown below to attach the tabe to? If so, you can buy cockpit table support arms from Catalina Direct OR binnacle guard mountings and hinges from Edson. You can attach a Starboard from Taps Plastic to mount hinges to it attached to the cockpit table with stainless steel legs that can rotate and attach to the pedestal. This thread below on cockpit table hardware might be helpful.

1596753988742.png

May 7, 2011
C - 30 # 3573 Lake NormanNC formerly Bflo NY
It depends on what you call simple. The simplest is a slab of whatever, no fiddles, (epoxy sealed if oak or mahogany or teak ply) and a solid wood/alum or stainless tubing with a rubber cane tip and the top end with a stub that fits into a 1/4” or so hole. There are spring loaded removable hinges (as my table has) to remove/stow the table, or leave it folded down against the pedestal guard. The hinge halves are mounted to a teak board (1 x 2? 3?) that mounts to the guard with s/s pipe straps.

More complicated are - attached leg or s/s support (mine) that folds and all stays in place if you don’t want to remove it, folding leaves, fiddles, and so on.

There’s no free lunch so if you can define how simple you want (time, materials, ability, man tools,) I can point you to hardware.

Many C-30 Assn forum members have tables - some homemade (mine was from H&L) so why not cross post the question?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
.................I'm more interested in the hardware used and how it was mounted...........
Edson Marine sells cockpit table hardware kits for DIY'ers. Below are some of the examples of what they sell with a diagram of one table example.

1596832833570.png

Jun 2, 2014
Catalina 30 mkII - 1987 Alamitos Bay Marina, LB, CA
I didn't make it, but mine is very similar to the Edson one as posted above. I don't have the leafs though. I get three cup holders instead and a nice lip edge all the way around.
IMG_0790.JPG

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
And Zarcor makes cup holders too (apparently the product line includes sideways versions for port tack applications)
2D65CE0E-DA0D-4025-96D8-BB526ED9C5F1.jpeg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Oh the shame Meriachee. For a talented videographer to post a sideways image:thumbsdown: and then call it a "Port Tack" special... :liar:

You just have an iPhone picture and it is controlling you. :yikes: