Cockpit drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2013
Sabre MK1 Nantucket
So I am replacing the seacocks, thruhulls and hose that drain the cockpit. I am looking for the tailpiece that connects the cockpit scuppers to the hose. Does anybody know where I can find a 1.5" Female NPT straight tail piece? Online searches only find FNPS tail pieces.

Jul 25, 2007
-Irwin -Citation 40 Wilmington, NC
That is going to be hard to find in bronze. i have seen them in PVC if it is above the waterline. You might have to get a male thread and use a coupler.

Capt. Wayne Canning, AMS
www.projectboatzen.com

Jan 15, 2012
Dyer Dhow, Cats Paw 10 ft, 12 ft Montpelier, VT
Most cockpit drains are simply thru-hulls fittings with a barbed end. It sounds like you have one designed for a seacock, hence the NPSF thread.

The only company that makes an NPS female threaded tailpiece is Forespar. You might try Hamilton Marine, Defender Marine or West Marine. I know Defender has them.

Couldn't find any other manufacturers making NPSF threads.

The Sabre MK 1 is not a new boat, if the cockpit drains are old and plastic it might be cheaper in the long run to replace the drains with the threaded to barb versions. You'll have new drains, well cocked, and fewer fittings.
Fair winds

Feb 11, 2013
Sabre MK1 Nantucket
Thanks for the information Captain! I found both a bronze FNPT coupler and bronze MNPT pipe to hose at jamestown distributers, so that seems the way to get the job completed. I was thinking there might be a one piece option to minimize joints.

Status
Not open for further replies.