Cockpit coaming sliding ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2009
2 36 Tacoma
Hi

I am looking to replace the sliding cockpit coaming ports (including the surrounds) on my Lancer 36. The original pair are brittle and leaking. Wondering if anyone knows the manufacturer or where I could get replacements?

Cheers,

Dromadari

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
I looked around in the data that I have and couldn't find anything. You might what to take some measurements and check with a local manufacture of acrylic or plastic boxes. You can also try a google "coaming boxes" or "sliding coaming boxes". Might have luck there. Possibly something in a RV store?

I need to replace mine as well on my 27PS.

Mar 8, 2009
2 36 Tacoma
Thanks Brian, good advice. I am thinking that I will end up having to have the replacements custom made.

Cheers

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Many on the site have had luck, good quality and good prices from [FONT=verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]www.newfoundmetals.com and they make them from your measurements.
[/FONT]

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
My bad, I didn't see the sliding part. They just do metal...but they wouldn't get brittle!

Apr 22, 2009
Lancer 36 Vancouver, BC
Please do let me know if you find anything, or how you go about solving this. The housings for my sliders are also deteriorating. I've thought about replacing them with wood, but then there's a whole new maintenance issue... I may just live with them 'as is' for another couple of seasons...

Mar 8, 2009
2 36 Tacoma
Still working this one. No easy solutions. Have discussed this with several companies without success. Of course anything is possible if you have enough money but forking out more than $400 for each plastic surround (without the windows) seems too steep for me. I have patched the holes that were effecting the waterproofing with epxoy and am confronting the possibility of reinstalling the surrounds despite their poor cosmetics.

I have also had to pull out the rotten wood inside one of the compartments and patch it with fresh marine ply. I will epoxy some fine mat over the top to add to future water proofing and strength before replacing the cloth on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.