Coachroof

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pete Liler

I saw an add for a Cat30 with a coachroof and did not know what that meant. Can someone please explain?

F

frustrated

42 views : no replies

Okay people, am I asking the wrong question or is it so simple that I am being shunned? I really do not understand the term coachroof and what it is in reference to. Can anyone help me please?

D

Dan

The best person to ask is

the guy that wrote the ad. We just have no way of knowing what he's talking about. He might be talking about a hard dodger.

J

John

I own a Catalina 30, and have not heard of a coachroof. Last weekend I looked at a Catalina 36 which had a dodger with a fiberglass roof and canvas sides with railings to hold onto when leaving or returning to the cockpit. Could that be referred to as a coachroof? Have you contacted the owner and asked what they meant by a coachroof? Maybe this helps a bit.

May 10, 2004
Beneteau 36 CC Sidney, BC, Canada
survey says.............

a sailboat without a coach roof is a flush deck boat ie the flat deck spans from one side to the other (older cal boats are flushdeck sailboats). Catalinas and indead most sailboats today have coachroofs in that the side deck does not go from one side of the boat to the other on a single level (a flushdeck) but is interupted by a vertical (or near vertical) cabin side rising from each side deck (usually with ports) the port and starboard cabin sides are spanned by the coachroof. See picture of a coachroof "library" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.