CNG to Propane

Jul 27, 2016
Hunter 40 Legend Penetanguishine ontario
Hi I just bought a 40 legend Hunter 1986 and it has Compressed Natural Gas and I am looking to convert it to propane. I know I am required to do the locker and do all the required safety things, but does anyone know where I can get the conversion parts?I am in Canada but will order from the states. Thank you
J

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Do a search online for Marine Propane Systems and you will find various chandleries and suppliers that list parts. Do not forget that the Store on this forum may carry some of the components you might need.

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
If you are not going to use the CNG parts you already have a regulator. The CNG regulator is actually two regulators, a 3000psi to 300psi and a 300 to 2-3 psi one. The gray one that is larger is the one you want. The center post has a plastic flat blade screwdriver slotted plug that once off allows access to the pressure regulator screw. I use mine with no changes. Did not have to re-jet my stove either!!! I chose to put my tank on the stern so did not need an enclosure. Also made an extension handle for the tank valve to avoid the solenoid valve.

Attachments

Jul 27, 2016
Hunter 40 Legend Penetanguishine ontario
Ya it is Thanks bill can you come to Ontario Canada and do that for me LOL

Dec 31, 2011
Hunter 40.5 Seattle
I did a full post on that conversion with pictures and links to all parts, you can find it on hunter bigger boat forum. PM if you can't find it