Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carisea

what is involved in converting to propane and what does it cost? Thanks

B

bill walton

has been done

A friend of mine, now cruising the Caribbean, did that conversion before he left. He purchased the insert for the starboard laz from hunter and made the remaining adjustments, like venting, jets, etc.. He can be reached at K5SJN@winlink.org. This is a SSB based email system so it sometimes takes a while for him to respond.

B

Bobby

CNG conversion

If you are in Jacksonville, you can go to a marine store and order the conversion parts; Wilfords Gas in Orange Park will do the conversion. Or, go talk to Geoff and Debbie at Whitneys Marine and let them handle it, they've done it several times. Real good people, too!

C

Carl Reitz

I'll buy a cng tank

I'm happy with the CNG on my h40 and would like to get a spare tank. If anyone does the conversion and wants to sell their old tank, please e-mail us at Sue.Reitz@rcn.com

J

Jack

CNG

Is the CNG found on many boats the same as that being used on trucks and autos? It seems so many municipalities, as well as your local Gas company, are using CNG cars that there should be some available. Just curious.

J

Joe

Yes they do Jack...But

Yesx Jack many of the municipalities have CNG....but they do not have the adpters to fit the small tanks...only for their cars, etc....There are at least over 20 cng stations in the Dallas area...but none of them will fill my tanks....have to send to Houston for refill and pay hazardpous transportation both down and up

C

carisea

Cng to propane more questions

I have been able to find the parts and scope of work on a West Marine web site but I am not clear on whether the burners on the seaward 3132 (hunters info) can be adjusted, replaced, or does the entire stove/ oven need to be replaced? anybody know ? Thanks

J

Johnny Hughes

I converted my h40

I converted my h40 from CNG to propane. I ordered a conversion kit from the stove manufacturer (seward) they make a conversion kit which contains jets and all necessary parts for the stove for about $100.00. Then I ordered the 12 volt gas control system with detection system from West Marine $299.99. I also ordered the hose and regulator(about$135.00 ) from west marine. I used one of the lasserett lockers for the storage of the bottle. I sealed the compartment and relocated the vent in it. All in all it cost a little over $500.00 to complete the job, doing all the work myself.

C

carisea

thanks to john

Johnny-- thanks for the info that is exactly what I needed to know-- carisea

Status
Not open for further replies.