Cleaning

Jul 31, 2021
Oday 19 Ridinger Lake
Hello everybody. We just purchased a 1979 oday 19. We live on a little lake in Pierceton Indiana and we are new to sailing. It needs a little cleaning, but other then that she looks good. My first of probably many question:

Can I take a hose to the inside of the cabin to clean? I am going to cover up all the electronics.

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
I had one of those sailboats but I can't remember if there is any fabric on the interior that would absorb water. If there isn't, cover the electronics and hose away. Suck everything dry with a wet shop vac.

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
Twice in the past 23 years I have taken a pressure washer to the interior of my C30. Both times it was due to a blown seal in my diesel furnace which put atomized diesel into the boat. :facepalm:
I removed everythng that could be removed and taped over anything that was electrical then started from the top and worked downward. Drasitc but effective.
I also cleaned all of the chushions, fabric and other removable stuff before putting it all back together.

Jul 29, 2021
oday 25 Eagle Mountain Lake
Wow! I just got an 83 Oday 25. It needs cleaned, but I wouldn't think about pressure washing it on the inside. Plus I'm not sure on the Marina's feelings on this... Good luck