Clean up duties

Aug 17, 2013
Pearson P30 202 Ottawa/Gatineau
Hey everyone, with the boat closer I can get some work done on her, I was wondering what soap/product you guys use to clean a VERY dirty deck

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
For the first pass, try a good car wash soap without wax.

On the second pass, use an electric pressure washer

On the third pass, use a Nonskid deck cleaner, like one of these from Defender.com:

Enjoy!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
+1 on a pressure wash. I have a nice portable ($80) electric that does a good job. I usually pore a bucket of water with a slash of dish washing MACHINE soap. That soap is low sud. Then I pressure wash. A hint of bleach might be good but I worry about back splash getting on canvas

Jun 2, 2007
Beneteau First 375 Slidell, LA
I use about 2 cups of bleach and 1/2 cup of Spic-n-Span in a 5 gallon bucket of water. It's miraculous. Need to rinse very thoroughly.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Snappy Teak, a two -art formula can not be beat, period. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. You teak will never look better, but begin coating with you coating of choice immediatey as it is only a cleaner.

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
I don't know how well this product will clean a really dirty deck, but I was very impressed with this OrPine product when I used it on my friend's boat. His boat had sat in a slip for a summer and then we took it south to Charleston, SC where we washed and cleaned it. I was so impressed that I bought a quart. You use a cap-full in a bucket, so a quart is a 10 year supply for me. Adds wax too. Previously I have just used a Meguire's car wash product.
20191108_154607.jpg

Aug 17, 2013
spent the day at the boat today, got a lot done, removed the old liner from under the salon table, scraped the old paint, still need to sand to really get a good job done, removed most of the electrical wires, the PO did all the wiring, but installed the panel on the front side of the salon settee, so the wires were in water for 3 years and the running wires were on the bottom of the quarter berth, so everything was removed and I'll rewire from scratch with led lights.
removed the old crown battery charger, still need to remove the 2 batteries, no rush, still working on the wiring diagram to redo the whole electrics for the boat.
might bring the water hose to the marina tomorrow to start cleaning the deck and cockpit.

Aug 17, 2013
so I didn't bring the water hose today at the boat forgot it home.
but I did manage to remove the floors to redo them and vacuumed the entire boat the boat is starting to smell good, well better at least
managed to rip out the remaining forward electrical wires, so re-wiring the boat will be easier, already made my electrical plan.

next time I'll go to the boat I'll try to deep clean the bilge. and repaint it