Circumnavigating the Delmarva Peninsula - Trip Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2009
PDQ 32 Deale, MD
Rather than re-post many pages here, please visit my blog:

http://sail-delmarva.blogspot.com/search?q=2009+delmarva

A really classic summer cruise, if you have the time. About 6-20 sailing days, depending on your pace; we always seem to take 8-10 sailing days, plus a few lay days. Sometimes big mileage feels rewarding. Sometimes, I wish we went slower.

If you have any notes from your own trip around, add them!

Dec 1, 1999
Hunter 28.5 Chesapeake Bay
Nice post -- thanks. I've made this trip (clockwise) in a monohull and hope to do it again next year.

May 31, 2004
Catalina 36 MK II Havre de Grace, MD
Thanks for the information, nice posts. This is one of the many things on my list of to do's.

Jun 21, 2009
Hunter 27 Sparrows Point
Thoroughly enjoyed reading about your trip. Your writing style is very informative, yet relaxed. Hope to see you out on the Upper Chesapeake some day. Thanks for sharing.

Jan 10, 2009
PDQ 32 Deale, MD
What you need is a guidebook. Yes, I'm shamless.

Thanks for the information, nice posts. This is one of the many things on my list of to do's.
I've spent the past 3 years cataloging all I know of the route, researching details I thought other would want to see, writing a tale of our first trip, and merging it all into a book. This guidebook became very handy when in the midst of our mishap off Wreck Island (apropriate, no?) my wife began asking questions: "do you have the number for the Coast Guard in Chincoteague"; "I need the number for the pharmacy, and do we know where it is"; "do we need to call the harbor master - what is the number?" I was able to hand her the guide and tell her where to find all of this and more. Very handy and a great stress-reducer. I was sprised how often during the trip I refered to my own guide, for all of the fine details that make a cruise go smoothly.

My blog has a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.