Chute Scoop Rigging question

Nov 14, 2013
Catalina 30 MkI 1983 TRBS Westbrook, CT
Hey folks,
Our Catalina 30 came with a spinnaker which we have never used, never really looked at it before. With a few seasons under our belt we're more confident and thinking about playing with it.
It has a Chute Scoop and I can't for the life of me figure out how to rig it. Please take a look at the photos and tell me if something is missing. I know I have to rig a preventer and that I understand but how do I attached the halyard? There are two pieces which appear to both need to be connected but how?

As always thanks for your insight!CSL_0588.jpg CSL_0589.jpg

Nov 14, 2013
Thanks Joe, I should have mentioned that I have those instructions you kindly posted but they make no sense to me. I see what they want in the directions but I can't figure out how to achieve it in practice.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
The upper loop is a bridle that allows the Scoop to 'bunch; up above the head of the asym when the scoop is raised. The lower (middle) block should be attached to attached to the upper part of the bridle, and that top of the scoop should ALWAYS BE ABOVE the head of the asym.

It's pretty much ready to go.

Nov 14, 2013
The upper loop is a bridle that allows the Scoop to 'bunch; up above the head of the asym when the scoop is raised. The lower (middle) block should be attached to attached to the upper part of the bridle, and that top of the scoop should ALWAYS BE ABOVE the head of the asym.

It's pretty much ready to go.
So, and I'm sorry but having never flown a spin before (let alone one with a chute) I'm being a little dense, I have one spinnaker halyard with one snap shackle, do I put both the thimble at the top of that bridle AND the becket on that small block both on the spinnaker halyard?

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
So, and I'm sorry but having never flown a spin before (let alone one with a chute) I'm being a little dense, I have one spinnaker halyard with one snap shackle, do I put both the thimble at the top of that bridle AND the becket on that small block both on the spinnaker halyard?
Simply attach the block to the top of the bridle with a small shackle (maybe the one there opens?). Then host the whole deal up with the halyard attached to the top of the bridle.